This dish is shortly called «sili» and we can’t but mention that it is made, like all other variants of Filipino adobos, with the addition of vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper and bay leaf. But this time the main role is played by chili peppers. This is definitely an appetizer for those who love the hot dishes.
Although you can choose not quite spicy chili peppers!
List of required products:
- 500 g of green not very hot chili peppers;
- 10-12 cloves of garlic;
- 120 ml of vinegar from sugar cane or black rice;
- 50 ml of dark soy sauce;
- 2 tbsp. of vegetable oil;
- 1-2 tsp. dark brown sugar;
- 1 large bay leaf;
- freshly ground black pepper;
- crumbly rice for serving.
Begin to cook
- Crush the cloves of garlic and clean them.Do not grind.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and put the garlic inside.Fry on a small fire until golden brown color on both sides, for 5-6 minutes.
- Put the chili and mix well until the peppers are covered with butter and garlic on all sides.
- Pour inside the vinegar and soy sauce, add bay leaf, a little salt and black pepper.Bring to a boiling condition, reduce the heat to a low condition, cover with a lid and cook until the chili are soft and wrinkled, for 20-25 min usually.
- Open the lid, sprinkle the peppers with sugar and mix.Cook without a lid to make the sauce thicken, for 5 minutes. Serve immediately, with boiled rice.
By the way
If you want to make the dish less spicy, gently pull the stem from the chili pepper, turning it around its axis, slightly pressing inwards. Remove all seeds from the peppers with a long spoon. If you do not like spicy dishes at all, then you can cook ordinary sweet peppers according to this recipe — just choose very small ones to cook them in the whole.