This pate is a treat for kidney lovers. Always make it with very fresh kidneys.
- 50 g(2 oz) butter
- 6 lamb’s kidneys
- 3 rashers bacon
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 2 anchovies
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp whisky or brandy
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh herbs
- freshly ground black pepper
- Melt butter in a medium-sized pan.
- Add the finely chopped kidneys, the bacon from which the rinds have been cut, the onion and the finely chopped garlic.
- Cook over a gentle heat for 10 minutes, stirring often.
- While hot, puree or chop very finely in a food processor or blender.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend in thoroughly, adding pepper to taste.
- Press mixture into small, straight-sided dishes, leveling off their tops.
- Serve chilled, with melba toast or crackers.