Grilled Cheese with Caramelized Onion Sandwiches is a delicious and easy recipe for lunch or dinner. This simple meal will be a staple of your cookbook.
- 6 tbsp Spreadable Goat Cheese
- 4 pieces of whole wheat bread
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1/4” slices
- 1 handful of arugula
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- In a non-stick pan, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil. Sauté red onions with a sprinkle of salt and pepper, until soft and browned (about 10 minutes). Set aside.
- Spread 1½ tbsp. of Woolwich Dairy Plain N Simple Spreadable Goat Cheese onto each slice of bread.
- Top 2 of the 4 pieces with sautéed red onions and arugula. Close sandwich with remaining slices of goat cheese topped bread.
- In a separate non-stick skillet, heat 2 tbsp of butter over medium-low heat. Once warmed, place sandwiches on skillet surface and grill.
- Grill for 3-4 minutes on the first side, watching closely so bread doesn’t burn. When a golden brown colour is achieved, flip and grill on the other side for another 2-3 minutes.
- Allow sandwich to cool for 2 minutes before cutting and serving. Enjoy the ooey-gooey-ness!