- 350 g haricot beans
- 2 onions, chopped
- 100 g rindless steaky bacon , chopped
- 100 g cervelat sausage, sliced
- 4 chicken drumsticks
- 225 g tomatoes, peeled and quartered
- 3 tbsp tomato puree
- 900 ml chicken stock
- bouquet garni
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp chopped parsley to garnish
- Soak the haricot beans in cold water overnight, then drain well.
- Mix the beans , onion, bacon, sausage , chicken and tomatoes in a casserole.
- Add the tomato puree , chicken stock , bouquet garni , season well and mix together.
- Cover the casserole with a lid and cook in a moderate oven for about 2 1/2 hours until the haricot beans are cooked.
- Serve immediately , garnished with chopped parsley.