I’ve been looking for the perfect filling for my puff pastries, and this is the best yet – light, scrumptious, creamy and wholesome.
- 500 g chicken breasts, cubed or stripped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Oil for stir frying
- 3-4 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp cream cheese or grated cheese, for the sauce
- ¼-1/2 cup milk
1. Heat/melt the butter in a deep pan and gradually stir in the flour and milk to make a smooth paste.
2. Add the cream cheese/ grated cheese to the paste to thicken it more and for taste. Season with a little salt and pepper.
3. Set your white sauce aside .
4. In a separate pan prepare the chicken. Boil the chicken breast with 2 tablespoons water (or with its own juices)and the lemon juice.
5. Sauté with a little butter, and salt and pepper ,to cook and taste well.
6. Add the chicken to the white sauce and mix well.
7. Fill your puff pastry and pop in the oven for about 15 minutes, or until pastry is browned on the surface.
8. Serve warm for best taste.