- 4 green peppers, tops reserved and deseeded
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 350 g minced beef
- 1 tbsp oil
- 100 g mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 150 ml beef stock
- Salt and pepper
- 1 (425 g / 15 oz) can kidney beans
- Blanch the peppers in boiling salted water for 1-2 minutes and drain.
- Place in an oven proof dish.
- Fry the onion, garlic and minced beef in the oil until browned.
- Stir in the mushrooms, chili powder, tomato puree, stock and seasoning and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- Drain the kidney beans and add to the meat.
- Fill the peppers with the chili mixture, cover the dish and bake in a moderate oven for 30 minutes.