This is a South African delicacy which has been adopted worldwide, and is enjoyed with most African dishes.
- whole red, yellow, green bell peppers, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2-3 hot chili peppers, minced
- 2-3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 courgette diced
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 carrots chopped into small cubes
- 1 tin baked beans in tomato sauce
- salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a deep pan over medium flame.
- Add the onions, carrots, courgette, bell peppers, chili peppers, garlic and curry powder.
- Sauté, stirring frequently, until the onions and peppers are cooked down and wilted. (The crunchier the vegetables the better, so try not to overcook them)
- Stir in the tomatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the baked beans, salt and pepper and let simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold.