- 1 chicken carcass
- 1 onion
- Bouquet garni
- 1.15 litres/2 pints chicken stock
- About 100 g/4 oz cooked chicken
- 300 ml/ ½ pint milk
- 50 g plain flour
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp grated nutmeg
- Salt and pepper
- 150 ml single cream
- Croutons to garnish
1. Simmer the carcass, onion and bouquet garni in the stock for an hour.
2. Strain the liquid, return to the saucepan.
3. Neatly dice the cooked chicken meat.
4. Add the chicken meat and milk to the stock.
5. Blend the flour with the water, then slowly add the mixture to the stock, stirring all the time.
6. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
7. Season the soup with lemon juice, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
8. Stir in the cream, pour the soup into individual soup bowls and garnish with croutons or a sprig of parsley.