If you recall the fun of squishing grape “eyeballs” at Halloween, you’ll love to revisit the gross-out factor and enjoy this juicy snack along with your kids. Unfiltered apple juice gives the gelatin a creepy, swamp-like feel, but use any flavor your family likes. Clear apple juice or white grape juice are good, too.
1 (3-ounce) package lime gelatin dessert, regular or sugar-free
2 cups 100% apple juice or 100% white grape juice
8 seedless green grapes
- Set four 9-ounce plastic glasses on a tray and set aside.
- Make the gelatin dessert according to package directions, using the juice at room temperature and heated, in place of the water. Divide the liquid gelatin among the plastic glasses.
- Add 2 grapes to each glass, rolling to coat them with the gelatin.
- Nudge the grapes together to look like a pair of eyeballs. Cut the raisins into thin slices.
- Gently dip each slice into the warm gelatin and set each one on top of a grape.
- Set the tray with the glasses in the refrigerator. Refrigerate until the gelatin is firmly set, 3 to 4 hours.
NOTE: Icky Eyeballs keep, covered with plastic wrap in the refrigerator, for up to 3 days.