To dice cucumber, cut into three or four slices lengthways, then place these, one or two at a time, cut side down on the board. Cut into fairly thin strips lengthways, then across.
- 8 whiting fillets
- 25 g plain flour
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 100 g sage and onion stuffing mix
- 2-4 tbsp oil
- 150 ml thick-set natural yoghurt
- 50 g cucumber , diced
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- lime twists
- dill sprigs
- Skin the whiting fillets and cut the flesh into fine strips.
- Mix the flour with the seasoning and use to coat the fish strips.
- Dip each fish strip into the beaten egg and then into the stuffing mix , pressing it on well.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the fish strips and fry them, turning once or twice, until golden and crisp.
- Drain on absorbent kitchen paper, transfer to a serving dish and keep warm.
- To make the sauce , mix all the ingredients together, seasoning to taste, and pour into a small serving bowl.
- Serve as an accompaniment to the fish sticks .
- Garnish the fish sticks with lime twists and dill sprigs.