In this issue you will learn how to make your own homemade hard cheese. Its advantage will be that unlike the purchased one, it will not contain dyes and preservatives, which means that even baby will be able to eat it. Cooking it is not difficult, as it might seem at first.
What do you need for that?
- 500 gr of granular cottage cheese (not less than 9% of fat content)
- 500 ml of milk (the higher the fat content, the better)
- 50 gr of butter
- 0.5 teaspoon of soda
- 1 chicken egg
You can add salt to taste
- Take a small pot and pour the milk into it. Add the cottage cheese and mix it with a spatula or a wooden spoon. Bring the mixture to a boil and keep on the fire for 10-15 minutes. At the same time make the fire minimal so that the cottage cheese does not stick to the pan.
- Find a sieve, preferably very fine, and filter through it the resulting mass. In a situation where there is no fine sieve, just put a few gauze layers on it.
- Wait for a little while the serum is draining. At this time melt the butter in a saucepan, beat in the egginto it and add the soda. When the butterdisperse with soda and egg, it will be possible to add boiled cottage cheese.
- Turn on a small fire again and constantly stir the resulting mass. At this stage it takes about 5 minutes. If you notice that cottage cheese dries to a pan, add more serum. When your future cheese turns gently yellow, it will be possible to remove it from the cooking-range.
- Prepare the mould, which can be covered with gauze, and fill it with the paste. Put your future cheese into the refrigerator for several hours, so that it stiffens.
- After a few hours your homemade hard cheese will be ready! It may seem slightly salty, but it’s easy to correct. Start making sandwiches. This cheese will be tastier and more useful than the store one!