Very simple, easy and quick recipe for cooking snacks. Sweet Bulgarian pepper stuffed with cheese and fried in breadcrumbs is very tasty and beautiful. This appetizer diversifies the daily menu and becomes a real decoration of the festive table. Bulgarian pepper with cheese, fried in breading — a famous dish of Bulgarian cuisine. Sweet Bulgarian pepper is very well combined with cheese filling, the dish turns out delicious and juicy. As a filling, you can use Adyghe cheese or cottage cheese. The dish can be served both hot and cold.
List of ingredients:
• 4 large sweet Bulgarian pepper (red color);
• 180-200 grams of brynza or feta cheese;
• two fresh chicken eggs;
• greens and spices — to taste;
• 1-2 cloves of garlic;
• salt — to taste and at will;
• refined vegetable oil — for frying.
1. Sweet Bulgarian pepper carefully washed. If desired, you can make this snack from hot pepper. Carefully cut out the stem, take out the seeds.
2. Spread the pepper on a baking sheet covered with foil, and send it for 15-20 minutes to the oven.
3. Put the baked pepper in a deep bowl, cover it with a plate and cool it.
4. While the pepper is cooling down we will prepare the filling. Brynza, feta cheese or ordinary cottage cheese carefully mash with a fork so that there are no lumps. Drive into it one fresh chicken egg.
5. Council. Any cheese you can do at home: see the selection of recipes on our website. There you will also find a recipe for making tasty and healthy home-made cottage cheese.
6. Any greenery or its mixture (for example, parsley and dill) finely chopped and sent to a bowl of cottage cheese.
7. In the cottage cheese we also add a few cloves of garlic (to your taste), passed through the press.
8. All thoroughly stir with a fork. I do not use salt in this recipe, because the cheese is salty enough. But if you used cottage cheese, or think that salt is not enough, you can add it to taste.
9. Remove the cooled pepper from the package, peel it, fill it with cheese filling.
10. Press the pepper with your hands to make it flat.
11. Prepare two more bowls: one with breadcrumbs, and the second — with a chicken egg, whipped with a fork until uniform.
12. Each pepper is dipped in an egg, then we roll in breadcrumbs.
13. Put the pepper on the pan with the preheated vegetable oil. Fry from both sides until red.
14. Spread on paper towels.
15. Served on a plate, decorated with lettuce leaves and slices of tomatoes.
16. It is delicious both warm and cold.