- 4 eggs
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp double cream or whipping cream
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp paprika
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped chives to garnish
1. Hard-boil the eggs for 10 minutes, then plunge them into cold water at once to prevent a dark line forming around the yolk.
2. Leave the eggs to cool.
3. Remove the shells and halve the eggs lengthways.
4. Mix together the mayonnaise , cream , lemon juice and seasoning.
5. Arrange 2 lettuce leaves on each of 4 individual serving plates.
6. Top the lettuce with 2 egg halves.
7. Pour the mayonnaise mixture over the egg halves .
8. Garnish each serving with a sprinkle of chopped chives and serve with brown bread and butter.