Today I want to bring to your attention one wonderful seasonal dish: a quick hot starter from eggplants. Absolutely everyone likes it: for its unique flavor and original taste. But most of all, such eggplants are liked by men: as this is a wonderful garnish to meat.
List of required products:
- fresh eggplants — 6 medium pieces;
- fresh tomatoes — 8 medium pieces;
- garlic — 3-4 heads;
- salt — two teaspoons (with a slide);
- vegetable oil — 50 milliliters;
- hot pepper if desired;
- other spices, greens — to taste.
Begin to cook
- The first thing you should do is to wash all the vegetables: eggplants, tomatoes. Prepare the vegetables alternately for further work.
- Let’s start with eggplants. Cut off the ends of the eggplants, cut them into two pieces across (like barrels).
- Dice the tomatoes.
- If you like hotter eggplants, take not three but four cloves of garlic, cut small ones into 2 parts, and large ones — into 4. Transfer the garlic into the bowl and add two teaspoons of salt (with a hill). Stir everything thoroughly.
- Take the eggplants and make deep cuts to the very ends with the help of a sharp knife. Do that 3-4 times for each eggplant. Do this with all the vegetables and put them in a bowl.
- Farce eggplants with garlic and salt. You can enter a few pieces of garlic cloves in each eggplant hole.
- Now the prepared eggplants are densely laid vertically in a pan with a wide bottom. Do not pour anything in the pan.
- Top the eggplants with tomatoes. Level the top with a spoon so that the tomatoes fill all the voids between the eggplants, and completely cover their tops.
- Cover the pan with a lid. Put on average heat for about twenty minutes. Tomatoes must sink and let the juice run.
- Taste your sauce after twenty minutes. Determine to your taste, what spices are not enough. You can also add salt, sugar, pepper, other spices or chopped greens at this stage.
- Pour 50 milliliters of vegetable oil. Cover the pan with a lid and keep it on low heat for about twenty minutes.
- Then remove the lid and check if the dish is ready.
- Then turn off the fire, let the eggplants cool down completely and put away for a day in the refrigerator. During this time the eggplants should cool well and brew. So your wonderful dish is ready.
- Serve them as follows. Cut each slice in rings 2-3 cm thick, top with tomatoes. Pour everything with a tasty vegetable sauce.
We wish you bon appetite.