Modern nutritionists believe that it is useful to arrange a day without products of animal origin. On such days instead of meat or fish you can cook tofu, which is a popular nowadays bean curd.
Dishes with it turn out to be really tasty and very useful for our health.
List of required products:
- 450 g tofu;
- 450 g of green peas;
- 1 sweet red pepper;
- 1 small red onion;
- 1 tsp. soy sauce;
- 2 tbsp. sweet chili sauce;
- 1 tsp. cornstarch;
- 3 tbsp. soy sauce;
- 2 tbsp. of sesame oil;
- 3 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar;
- 1 clove of garlic;
- 1 tsp. grated ginger;
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes.
Begin to cook
- Peel a clove of garlic and chop it carefully. The ginger root should be grated finely. Mix in a bowl of garlic and ginger, pour in soy sauce, vinegar and sesame oil and add the flakes of chili.
- Cut the tofu into pieces with a thickness of about 1 cm and dip it into the marinade. Leave it for at least 30 minutes.
- Prepare peas in boiling salted water. As a rule, it takes 3 min. Throw it in a colander and rinse it in cold water.
- Peel the onions and cut into feathers. Sweet peppers should be cleared of seeds and stems. After that cut them into strips.
- Heat the grill frying pan over medium heat and fry the tofu for 4 minutes. Do it from each side.
- Mix cornstarch with 1 tsp. cold water. Heat the wok with vegetable oil over medium heat. Add peas, onions and sweet peppers and fry for 2 minutes. Then pour the soy sauce and chili sauce and fry, stirring, for 1 more minute. Pour into the wok the diluted starch and cook for 2-3 minutes, until the thick condition of the starch. Place vegetables on plates and serve the dish with tofu.
By the way
Soy curd is made from curdled soy milk. It has a minimal fat content, absolutely no cholesterol. But the amount of protein is more than any other plant product has. In order to diversify the taste, aromatic herbs, garlic, sweet pepper and even algae are often added to tofu.