This is undoubtedly one of the main myth-forming products on earth.It is completely unclear why the Frenchmen were nicknamed «frog lovers» in their time. Of course, in France this product is eaten much, but the frogs are not their national favorites at all. This nickname would be rather suitable for the inhabitants of Southeast Asia, where the frog is quite common and even typical meat.
Whatever it was, the frog legs are very good on the grill. They are tender and tasty, and their protein is very easily digested — so you can, without a doubt, offer them to children, slightly reducing the spiciness of the marinade.
List of required products:
- 24 frog legs;
- 1 lemon for serving;
- vegetable oil for covering;
- 1 glass of beer;
- 6 cloves of garlic;
- 2 cm fresh ginger root;
- 1 tbsp. honey;
- 3 tbsp. sweet chili sauce;
- 1 tsp. Worcester sauce;
- a few drops of Tabasco sauce;
- salt, freshly ground black pepper;
Begin to cook
- For marinade it is necessary to peel and chop garlic and ginger. Whisk all the ingredients in a blender until they become smooth and pour the marinade into a tight package.
- Add the frog legs to the bag, tighten and shake so that the marinade covers each piece. Put the package into the fridge for 2 hours.
- Take out the legs from the marinade, dry them with paper towels, wrap the ends of the legs with foil, in a way they don’t burn and put everything on a grate, greased with vegetable oil. Bake for 8-10 minutes, often turning over and oiling the marinade.
- Serve the legs warm or cooled, with a thinly sliced lemon.
By the way
Do not try to buy very large frog legs, as in accordance with the specialists’ points of view, the less they are, the more delicious your dish will be as a result. If you are worried that the legs will fall down when you are frying them on coals, you can use a double grate. Or even string them on pre-soaked in water wooden skewers, with each foot simultaneously on two parallel skewers — then the paws will not rotate during cooking and the dish will be fried evenly.