- 675 g fresh spinach
- 4 slices bread , crusts removed , cut into cubes
- 50 g butter, or 15 g butter and 2 tbsp oil
- 8 rashers rindless steaky bacon , diced
- 100 g button mushrooms , whole
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 cloves garlic , crushed
- 1 tbsp wine vinegar
- ¼ tsp mustard powder
- Salt and pepper
- Wash and shred the spinach.
- Place in a large salad bowl .
- Fry the bread cubes in the butter, or butter and oil mixture , until golden .
- Remove , drain on absorbent kitchen paper , then sprinkle the cubes over the spinach .
- Fry the bacon in any remaining fat until really crispy.
- Add the mushrooms and continue cooking for a few minutes.
- Mix the remaining ingredients together and pour over the mushrooms and bacon.
- Bring the mixture quickly to the boil , pour over the spinach and toss gently .
- Serve once.