- 1 (439 g/15 oz) can chick peas, drained
- 1-2 cloves garlic, crushed
- grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced lengthways
- 2 celery sticks, thinly sliced
- chunks of nutty brown bread to serve
- Blend the chick peas, garlic rind and juice in a liquidizer or food processor until as smooth as possible .
- Add the tahini and mayonnaise, 1 tbsp at a time , blending between each addition .
- Season well with salt and pepper, pour the humus into a small bowl and place on a large serving plate.
- Prepare the vegetables as instructed and arrange with the bread around the humus.