Perk up the winter season with this fun and immune boosting pomegranate vinaigrette. Add an extra some fun and a healthy feel to your winter citrus fruit and green salad.
- 1½ cups of 100% pomegranate juice, reduced to ¾ cup (see directions below)
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary
- ¼ cup of rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- ½ teaspoon of chopped fresh rosemary
- ¼ teaspoon of minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Add the pomegranate juice to a small saucepan and place on the stove, or simmer burner if you wish.
- Remove the rosemary from the stem and add the sprigs to the saucepan.
- Turn the heat to low and let this remain on the stove for 1 hour to reduce.
- After an hour you should have about half the original volume you started with.
- Strain to remove the rosemary leaves.
- Measure to ensure you have ¾ cup of reduced pomegranate juice for this recipe.
- Combine the reduced pomegranate juice with the vinegar, lemon juice, honey, chopped rosemary, garlic, and black pepper.
- Blend together, using an immersion blender if you have one.
- After this is blended, continue to let the blender run while slowly drizzling in a stream of olive oil.
- Drizzle vinaigrette on salad ingredients. Make sure to shake the vinaigrette before each use!