- 1 onion , chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp oil
- 450 g minced beef
- 100 g mushrooms, wiped and sliced
- 3 tbsp tomato puree
- 150 ml beef stock
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- double quantity cheese sauce
Using 75 g Cheddar and 75 g mozzarella cheese
- 225 g no-need-to-cook green lasagne
- Fry the onion and garlic in the oil for 5 minutes until soft .
- Add the minced beef and cook for 5 minutes or until browned .
- Add the mushrooms , tomato puree, stock, basil, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Bring the mixture to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer gently for 20 minutes , stirring occasionally.
- Spread a layer of the meat mixture over the bottom of a baking dish , followed by a layer of lasagne .
- Continue in this fashion until the meat mixture and the lasagne have been used up . Top with the cheese sauce .
- Bake in a moderately hot oven for 30 minutes or until golden .
- Serve hot with garlic bread and a green salad.