Get the recipe for our healthy marinated chicken thigh skewers here. They’re packed full of lean protein & sunblushed, Mediterranean inspired flavours.
- First, toast the pine nuts: place a frying pan over a medium heat and put the pine nuts into the pan for about 5 minutes, moving them around often so they don’t burn. Tip them on to a small plate.
- Peel the garlic clove and crush it to a paste in a garlic crusher.
- Remove the seeds from the red chilli, if using, and dice into small pieces
- Grate the Parmesan cheese, using the fine side of the grater, and being careful not to grate your fingers!
- Drain the sun-blushed tomatoes over a measuring jug so you catch all the yummy oil. Have a look how much oil you have – you need 175ml so if you have less than this, top up with olive oil.
- Put the crushed garlic, toasted pine nuts, sun-blushed tomatoes, chilli (if you are adding it), Parmesan cheese and oil into your blender and, with the lid on, blitz to a loose paste. Put the paste into a large mixing bowl.
- Chop the chicken into chunks. Add them to the bowl and mix thoroughly, then put the chicken into the fridge for at least 1 hour. Always wash your hands when you have been touching raw meat.
- Once the chicken has had a chance to marinate, preheat the grill to high.
- Thread the chicken on to the skewers and put them on to a grill tray.
- Cook under the grill for 5 minutes and then turn them over and grill again on the other side for the same amount of time. Make sure the chicken is properly cooked all the way through.
- While the chicken is cooking, chop the parsley with a large knife or put the leaves into a cup and chop them with scissors.
- Transfer the cooked chicken skewers to a serving plate and garnish with the chopped parsley.