Quinoa is an incredibly versatile food that is packed with nutritional benefits. In fact, 1 cup of cooked quinoa contains 8 grams of protein and over 5 grams of fiber! Whip up this delicious colorful quinoa salad in less than 25 minutes for a new way to enjoy quinoa.
- 1 cup tri-color (or any color) quinoa
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp grated garlic
- 1 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 4 cups mustard greens, tough stems removed, torn
- 1 cup scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 cups carrots, thinly sliced using a peeler
- Bring a medium pan of salted water to the boil. Add quinoa and cook until softened, about 15 minutes. Drain and reserve.
- While the quinoa is cooking, make the vinaigrette. Whisk together the orange juice, ginger, garlic and soy sauce. Continue whisking and drizzle in the sesame oil.
- Place the mustard greens, scallions, carrots and reserved quinoa in a large bowl. Toss with the vinaigrette and serve!