From the very beginning we can’t but mention that this is a fairly simple dish for every day. It has an oriental character, but usually appreciated by many people around. In accordance with the specialists’ points of view, fish, combined with rice, becomes juicy and spicy thanks to curry, ginger and a refreshing lemon.
Rice, preheated previously with red onion and tomato, adds softness to this union. Here you can find austerity and refinement at the same time.
List of required products:
- mackerel — 1 large fish;
- long grain parboiled rice — 1 tbsp.;
- average root of ginger — 1 item;
- lemon — 1 item;
- large pink tomato — 1 item;
- red large onion — 1 item;
- mixture of spices dry «Curry» — 3 tbsp.;
- olive oil — for marinade and for frying;
- sea salt and sugar — to taste.
Begin to cook
- Prepare all the ingredients: gut the fish, cut the fins and tail, peel the onion and root of ginger.
- For marinade it is necessary to grate 2 tablespoons of ginger, squeeze the juice of half a lemon, salt and put a little curry. We rub this fish on the outside and inside, making diagonal cuttings on both sides for better impregnation. We put everything to marinate into the fridge. As a rule it takes 15 minutes.
- For perfect garnish we recommend you to cut the onions into half rings and ginger — into the straws (about 5 tablespoons). Fry until the onion becomes soft in oil. After that add rice (steamed rice should not be washed) and fry together with onion and ginger. Do it carefully until your rice gets a pleasant brown hint. The oil should be added only in the case of necessity.
- At the same time we put the tomato into boiling water for a few seconds, making cross-cuts on it before. After that peel and shred this vegetable. Put the tomato into rice, warm up a little and pour all with the boiling water. Stew for about 20 minutes. If it is necessary pour some water from time to time.
- A couple of minutes before the readiness add curry (about 2 tablespoons) and salt. You can take a little sugar and chopped parsley to additional taste. In the meantime we take out the fish and wrap it in foil. Squeezed lemons and ginger taken from the marinade are put on the bottom.
- Bake the fish for about 20 minutes, open the foil, lightly sprinkle the fish with breadcrumbs and curry and bake until the ruddy crust appears. As a rule it takes 5 minutes in the case you do it with the foil open.
- We cut the fish and set the portions of rice. Sprinkle everything with the juice of the lemon. And it is up to you to decide, whether to eat the baked lemons or to take them away. — It is a matter of the individual taste.