Mexican shrimp cocktail or shrimp ceviche stuffed avocados. These shrimp stuffed avocados are a light, healthy, low carb summer meal dinner recipe.
- 1 pound cooked shrimp, chopped
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced cucumbers
- 1/2 cup diced red onions
- 1-2 jalapeno, deseeded and diced*
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons shrimp cocktail sauce
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 2-3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper
- 5-6 avocados
- Add the shrimp, tomatoes, cucumbers, red onions, cilantro, and cocktail sauce to a large bowl.
- Use 1-2 jalapenos depending on your personal preference. For us, 1 jalapeno made this plenty spicy. Add the hot sauce along with 2 tablespoons of lime juice, cayenne, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Stir everything together, taste and adjust the lime juice, salt and pepper to preference. Cover and refrigerate the shrimp mixture for at least 30 minutes and up to 1 hour to allow the flavors to develop.
- Cut the avocados in half, remove the pit. If the avocado doesn’t have a large enough space to hold a significant amount of shrimp cocktail, scoop just a little bit of the avocado out to make space.
- We left them as is and just piled it on high. I like to serve these with tortilla chips on the side!