This mushroom and goat cheese grilled flatbread has a rich, smoky flavor from a cast iron grill pan and is topped with a delicious balsamic glaze!
- 56g Original Goat Cheese Crumbles
- 2 Naan slices, whole
- 1/2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 ½ tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 226g cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper
- Start by preparing the balsamic glaze. Combine balsamic vinegar and brown sugar in a saucepan, cooking over medium heat, stirring constantly until sugar has dissolved.
- Bring the balsamic glaze to boil, reduce heat to low and simmer until glaze is reduced by half (about 20 minutes). Set aside.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400° F.
- In a large saucepan, add butter, mushrooms and onions and sauté over medium-high heat until softened. Add thyme, salt and pepper and sauté. Turn off heat and set aside.
- Brush the tops of the Naan with olive oil, and top with the sautéed mushroom-onion mixture.
- Liberally sprinkle Original Goat Cheese Crumbles on top.
- Place flatbreads on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 6-8 minutes. Remove from oven, and drizzle balsamic glaze on top for the finish!