Frankly speaking in the contemporary world there are some prejudice about foreign cuisine in particular and culinary in general. As well as about some national beliefs. For example, there are a lot of people, who are sure that the Chinese eat only rice, while the Japanese take sushi every day … Both instances are nothing but the most typical mistake.
In fact, both Chinese and Japanese eat noodles much more often than the products mentioned above. This Japanese version is suitable not only for vegetarians, but for all lovers of light and at the same time nutritious spicy food.
List of required products:
- 400 g of udon noodles;
- 150 g fresh shiitake mushrooms;
- 1 large carrot;
- 200 g of mini corns;
- 1 stalk of medium leeks;
- 4-5 cm of fresh ginger root;
- shikimi togarashi;
- 8 tbsp. of soy sauce;
- 4 tsp. hondashi (tuna broth concentrate).
Begin to cook
- Take the shiitake mushrooms and remove the legs. After that wipe the caps with a rag. Cut the carrots into thin circles. Cut the leeks along in half, then thinly cut and rinse thoroughly.
- In a large pan bring to a boiling condition 2 liters of lightly salted water.Dip mushrooms, bring them to a boiling condition, cook on low fire for 3-4 minutes. Take them out with the help of the skimmer and put on the plate. In the same way consistently blanched corn, leeks and carrots.
- Cook the noodles as it is usually indicated on the package, rinse with hot water, pour into a colander and keep warm.
- Ginger is cleaned, cut into thin plates, and then in a long straws, which are not thicker than a match. In a large saucepan, combine 300 ml of water, half ginger, chondashi and soy sauce, bring to a boiling condition and cook for 1 minute. Put the prepared vegetables and mushrooms, bring them back to the boiling condition.
- Put the noodles on plates, pour a small amount of boiling broth, arrange the vegetables carefully. Serve immediately with the remaining ginger and shichi, which everyone will add to the noodles to taste.
By the way
Shichimi togarashi is represented by Japanese mixture of spices (in translation — «pepper with seven flavors»), it can be different as to its spiciness. You can prepare it by yourself by mixing in equal parts Szechuan pepper, dried mandarin zest, sesame seeds, poppy seeds, hemp seeds, ground chili and nori, elaborated them in a mortar or coffee grinder.