Traditionally potatoes with milk or even more often with cream are baked by the French people. But this variant is in the Asian style. This is a very successful combination of the cuisines, belonging to two completely different civilizations.
List of required products
- 400 g of complete potatoes;
- 1 can (400 g) of coconut milk;
- small bunch of green onions;
- 8-10 curry leaves, fresh or dried;
- vegetable oil;
- freshly ground black pepper.
Begin to cook
- If the curry leaves are dried, put them in a bowl; coconut milk (it often happens with lumps) is whisked with the help of the mixer to homogeneity. Pour the leaves of curry with coconut milk and leave for 2 hours. Fresh leaves are not necessary to soak, but the milk is still better to shake.
- Wash the potatoes with a brush and, if desired, clean, cut across in half and cut into thin slices. Cut the green onion into strips of 1.5 cm long.
- Cover the baking dish carefully. Lay above the potato slices, sprinkle with salt, pepper and onions, then arrange a second layer of potatoes, salt, pepper and onions. Continue until all the food runs out. Put the curry leaves on top, pour inside the coconut milk. Cover the form with foil and put it in the oven, preheated up to 180 ° C until the potatoes become soft. As a rule it takes 40-45 minutes. Remove the foil and place under a well-heated grill until golden brown hint appearance. Usually it takes 2-3 minutes. Serve with fish and seafood.
By the way
If you want to get a much spicier dish, add to coconut milk, before whisking it, 1-2 tsp. garam masala. Fans of the spicy dishes can cut the ringlets with a red chili pepper and lay the ringlets together with the potatoes.