¾ quantity shortcrust pastry
- 1 red pepper , deseeded and cut into rings
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and cut into rings
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 small courgettes, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, peeled and quartered
- 50 g butter or margarine
- 3 eggs
- 300 ml milk
- Salt and pepper
- 50 g Cheddar cheese, grated
- Chopped parsley to garnish
1. Make the shortcrust pastry .
2. Roll out on a lightly floured board and use to line a 20 cm flan dish or ri g placed on a baking tray.
3. Cook the vegetables in the butter or margarine until soft, arrange in the pastry case .
4. Lightly beat the eggs with the milk and seasoning, pour over the vegetable and sprinkle with the Cheddar.
5. Bake in a moderately hot oven for 35-40 minutes.
6. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve hot with green beans and new potatoes.