- A few lettuce leaves
- 1 (189 g7 oz) can tuna
- 1 green pepper, deseeded
- 1 onion
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 100 g/4 oz French beans, cooked
- 4 tbsp French dressing
- Salt and pepper
- 1 (50 g/2 oz) can anchovy fillets
- A few black olives, halved and stoned
- (Preparation time: 15 minutes, serves 4)
1. Arrange the lettuce leaves on four small plates.
2. Drain the tuna and break it into chunks with a fork.
3. Cut the pepper into strips.
4. Thinly slice the onion i to rings.
5. Quarter the tomatoes and eggs.
6. Lightly toss all the ingredients together in the French dressing, then season to taste.
7. Spoon the salad over the lettuce leaves and garnish with the anchovy fillets and black olives.
8. Serve with hot French bread.