To spoon choux pastry on to a tray , use two teaspoons. Scrape the pastry from spoon to spoon about twice to make even- shaped buns. The same pastry can be used to make Vols-au-vent.
- 1/2 quantity choux pastry
- paprika to sprinkle
- 50 g butter or margarine
- 50 g plain flour
- 300 ml milk
- 150 ml dry white wine (non alcoholic, optional)
- 100 g blue cheese
- 50 g chopped walnuts
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
- Make the choux pastry , omitting the grated cheese.
- Spoon or pipe 24 small puffs on to a greased baking tray.
- Bake in a hot oven for 20-25 minutes, then cool on a wire rack.
- Make a slit in each bun immediately they are removed from the oven to allow any steam to escape.
- To make the filling, melt the butter or margarine over a low heat , stir in the flour , then gradually add the milk and wine, stirring continuously.
- bring the sauce to the oil, simmer gently for a few minutes.
- Remove from the heat and crumble in the blue cheese with the walnuts, lemon juice, parsley and seasoning .
- Using a teaspoon, fill the buns with the sauce .
- Sprinkle with paprika and serve hot, either as a starter or to have with drinks.