Korean carrots are a hot salad and very tasty refreshment.
It takes a fairly strong position in the list of popular dishes. And most people think that it is difficult to cook it. But this is far from the truth. Just need to know a few secrets that we are ready to share now. You can cook perfect carrots in Korean from the simplest set of products.
List of required products
- Carrots — 1 kg
- Garlic — 1 item
- Vegetable oil — 100 ml
- Salt — 1 tablespoon
- Sugar — 2 tablespoons
- Vinegar — 1 teaspoon
- Red ground pepper — 1 teaspoon
- Black ground pepper — 1 teaspoon
Begin to cook
- Grate the carrots properly. A conventional grater is not suitable for this process, since a thin and long carrot can be made using a special one. It is sold everywhere and it is not difficult to find it in any store or market. And the price is available. A very important point: if carrots are rather dry, then soak them in cold water for several hours to let them absorb moisture and become juicy.
- Add spices on time. After the carrots are rubbed, place them into a separate container. Sprinkle with sugar and salt. Then add 2 kinds of pepper. You can also use: curry powder, ground coriander or special seasoning for Korean carrots. Salad seasoned with these spices will become more intense. Then pour in the vinegar and mix with your hands well. Carrots must produce juice. After that leave them for a while to become saturated.
- Make dressing. This is a very important process. The main thing is to prepare the dressing correctly, so as this snack to be juicy. First of all, peel cloves of garlic and, using a garlic press, squeeze them directly onto the carrots. But we do not mix immediately. Take the saucepan and heat vegetable oil in it. Do not bring it to a boil. When it reaches the right moment, remove from the plate and pour out on carrots. After that stir the salad. At this moment add sesame. It is absent in our list of ingredients, but if you use it, the Korean carrot will become more saturated and the taste will be more interesting.
- Don’t worry. Put the carrots into a covered with oil container and place them into the refrigerator for a whole night to let them produce juice and marinate well. They can be stored even two weeks. Every day they become even more delicious. By this recipe, carrots do not lose their beneficial properties. And you can eat them at least every day, as they are low-calorie and do not spoil the figure.
If you consider yourself to be Korean carrot fan, try spicy Korean carrot and you won’t regret!