- 1/2 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ¼ + 1/8 tsp salt, divided
- ¼ tsp pepper, divided
- 1 tbsp extra virgin oil
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- 3 medium garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 2 tsp drained oil-packed-sun -dried tomatoes
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 handful baby spinach
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
1. Toss shrimp with 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper powder.
2. Add olive oil into a 9 inch skillet and heat over medium-high heat.
3. Place shrimp in a single layer, cook for one minute (without disturbing) then turn over and cook for an additional 30 seconds or until cooked.
4. Transfer shrimp onto a plate .
5. Place pan back on medium heat, add butter and let it melt. Add onion, garlic and red pepper flakes.
6. Cook for about 2 minutes, stirring often until translucent.
7. Add heavy cream, chicken stock, the sun-dried tomatoes , italian seasoning, remaining salt and pepper.
8. Cook until sauce has thickened to your liking , about 30 seconds to 1 minute. ( you will need a thicker sauce if serving over pasta)
9. Add spinach, parmesan and shrimp. Cook for a few seconds until spinach is wilted.
10. Serve with crusty bread to mop up all the sauce or serve over cooked fettuccini.