Instead of browning them under the grill, halve the pizzas and cook on full power in the microwave for about 5 minutes , until heated through.
- 1 small french loaf
- 50 g butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp oil
- 100 g button mushrooms
- 1 (425 g/15 oz) can tomatoes
- 100 g mozzarella cheese
- 100 g Cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- Cut the French loaf in half horizontally and butter each half. Cut each half across the middle so that you have four pieces of bread.
- Cook the onion and garlic in the oil until soft.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for a few minutes, then add the tomatoes.
- Simmer vigorously for 10 minutes or until the tomato is reduced and thickened. Meanwhile dice the cheeses into small pieces.
- Spread the French sticks with the tomato mixture , sprinkle over salt , pepper and the oregano .
- Dot the cheese evenly on the top (be careful not to put it too near the edges).
- Brown under the grill for 5-10 minutes , or until the cheese has melted and the pizzas are heated through.