Give a classic breakfast staple a tasty spin with this pomegranate orange syrup. An amazing topping for gluten free waffles!
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/8 tsp salt
1. Pour orange and pomegranate juices into a medium size sauce pan, and heat on high, 4 minutes, until boiling.
2. Reduce heat to medium, to allow a gentle boil, and cook until juices are reduced and slightly thickened, 20 minutes minutes.
3. Reduce heat to low, and stir in coconut oil, spices and salt.
4. Bring heat back up to medium to continue cooking, allowing syrup to continue thickening, 5 minutes more.
5. Remove pan from heat , and allow to cool for 5 or more minutes before serving.