(for 4-6 servings)
- 1 recipe crepe batter
- 1-2 cups cooked, drained, chopped spinach
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp grated nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups (12 fl oz/360 ml) milk
- 1 1/2 cups (150 g/7 1/2 oz) grated cheese
- paprika or Parmesan cheese
- Prepare batter and make crepes, according to recipe given above, using a small pan.
- Cook, drain, squeeze and chop spinach.
- Make the sauce. Melt the butter, add the flour, salt and nutmeg.
- Add the milk, 1/2 cup at a time, boiling and stirring between additions. After the last boiling, add the cheese.
- Mix a third of the cheese sauce with the spinach.
- Spread spinach mixture over the crepes and roll up.
- Place the filled crepes in a well-sprayed ovenware pan.
- Pour sauce (thinned a little if necessary) over crepes.
- Sprinkle with paprika or Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 200 degrees Celsius (400F) for 20 minutes or until bubbly. Brown surface under grill before serving.