There are some dishes, which are considered to be rather strange. But that is only at the first sight. What about the stuffed pineapples? – Have you ever heard about such unusual combination?
List of required products:
- 1 pineapple;
- 300 g uncooked large raw shrimps;
- 200 grams of jasmine rice;
- garlic — 2 cloves;
- 1 red hot pepper;
- bunch of green onions;
- peel of 1 lime;
- 2 cm of fresh ginger root;
- a handful of peeled cashew nuts;
- 3 tbsp. of vegetable oil;
- 2 tbsp. of fish sauce;
- 2 tsp. ground turmeric;
- 5 tsp. peas of white pepper;
Begin to cook
- Rice is soaked in cold water for 1 hour.
- Garlic and ginger root are cleaned and chopped finely.Wash the green onion and chop into the thin rings, separating the white part from the green one. Remove seeds from hot pepper and grind.
- Rice is poured onto a sieve and rinsed under running water.Put into a pan with 500 ml of water, add lime and 1 teaspoon of turmeric, cook for 15 minutes. Drain the water and remove the zest.
- Shrimps have to be cleaned. Remove the heads and intestinal vein.Nuts have to be chopped. Pineapple is washed, dried and cut along into 2 parts, cut out a stump. Remove the pulp and cut into cubes. Place the halves of pineapple into the oven and warm for 10 minutes, at 180 ° C.
- Warm up half a vegetable oil in the wok, fry the white portion of onion, garlic, ginger and hot pepper for 3-4 minutes.Add nuts and pieces of pineapple, cook for 4 minutes more. Put the shrimps inside and sprinkle with the remaining turmeric, stew for 3 minutes.
- White pepper is ground in a mortar, add to the wok with shrimps together with the remaining oil, fish sauce and rice.Salt to taste and fry for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Fill the halves of the pineapple with a mixture of rice, sprinkle with spring onions and serve.