Load up some crispy sweet potatoes with your favorite fixings to make these nachos out of this world!
- 1 sweet potato (as thinly sliced as you can, I use a mandolin slicer. The thinner the slices the crispier the chips are)
- 1 tsp oil of choice1/4 tsp sea salt (or to taste)
- Slice the sweet potato (remember as thin as you can) and toss the slices with oil and sea salt.
- Spread slices out on a lines baking sheet and bake them in a preheated oven at 400°F for 15 minutes, turn slices over and continue baking for another 10 minutes (keep watch so they do not burn).
- Remove and let them cool.
This is an optional addition, you can make the nachos vegetarian or add this chicken or seasoned beef — they all taste great.
- 1 boneless chicken breast1 tbsp
- Tex Mex seasoning1 tsp oil of choice
- Marinate chicken with seasoning and oil, bake in the oven the sweet potato slices.
- Once baked, chop the chicken into small pieces or shred it.
- shredded chicken (from above)
- corn nibletsblack beans (rinsed well)
- chopped tomatoes
- chopped green onions
- chopped jalapeño
- shredded cheese (amounts and topping selection are to personal taste)
- In a lined baking sheet arrange the pre-baked sweet potato slices together with a slight overlap of slices.
- Then begin layering the toppings. I like to start the layers with some cheese then add in the others and top with more cheese.
- Bake in the oven at 375°F for 5-7 minutes — keep an eye on them to ensure they do not burn.
- Remove from oven and top with chopped cilantro.
- Enjoy these with a side of fresh salsa, guacamole and Greek jalapeño yogurt.