A quick flan case: melt 100 g butter or margarine then stir in 175 g crushed savory biscuits. Press in the base and sides of the dish. Chill , then fill and serve.
- 3/4 quantity shortcrust pastry
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 (326 g/1 1/2 oz) can sweetcorn
- 100 g cooked ham, diced
- 40 g butter or margarine
- 40 g plain flour
- 400 ml milk
- salt and pepper
- 3 tomatoes, sliced
- parsley sprig
- Make the shortcrust pastry . Roll out and line a 20 cm /8 inches flan ring placed on a baking tray.
- Bake blind for 15 minutes in a moderately hot oven, then remove the paper and beans and return to the oven for a further 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the onion and pepper in the oi for a few minutes until soft . Drain the sweetcorn and add to the mixture with the ham.
- Make a white sauce using the butter or margarine , flour and milk .
- Add the vegetable mixture and simmer gently for 2 minutes. Season well.
- Pour the mixture into the cooked warm flan case, garnish with halved tomato slices and parsley and serve.