Make and bake several pizza bases without topping . Remove from the oven when three quarters cooked, cool and freeze. Grill the base , turn and add topping , then grill for a quick meal.
- 1 ( 141 g/4 oz) packet bread or pizza mix
- 1 onion sliced into rings
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 50 g button mushrooms , sliced
- 25 g butter or margarine
- 4 tomatoes ,peeled
- 1 (190 g/6 oz) can pimientos
- 50 g salami
- 100 g mozzarella cheese, diced
- pinch of oregano
- salt and pepper
- 6-8 black olives
- chopped parsley to garnish
- Make the dough base as instructed on the packet.
- Press or roll out to a 20 cm /8 inch round on a baking tray and leave to rise for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook the onion , garlic and mushrooms in the butter or margarine for a few minutes.
- Cut the tomatoes into eighths.
- Drain the pimientos and cut into strips . Thinly slice the salami.
- Place the tomatoes and onion mixture on the pizza base, leaving a 5 mm/ 1/4 inch border all round.
- Arrange the pimientos and salami on top, then sprinkle over the mozzarella , oregano, seasoning and olives.
- Bake in a hot oven for 20 minutes and sprinkle with parsley to serve.