This is a recipe for an excellent starter. It perfectly fits as a component to a salad. Vegetables do not need to be soaked to remove bitterness. And even the skin is not necessary to be cut off. The appetizer comes out incredibly tasty (like mushrooms).
List of required products
- 1-1.5 kg of eggplants
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 liters of water
- 2 tablespoons of salt
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 150 ml of vinegar (9%)
- 100 ml of vegetable oil
Begin to cook
- Wash eggplants and remove the stalks. Dice them (into 1.5 cm cubes).
- Take a wide pan and pour water. Put it on the stove and bring it to a boil. Salt, pour vinegar and sugar. Stir thoroughly.
- As soon as the marinade boils, place the prepared eggplants into it. Cook for 5-6 minutes. Observe that the liquid does not bubble, regulate the heat. The main thing is that the eggplants must not turn into a mess.
- Be sure to stir the top with the bottom layers while boiling, so that they are ready equally. Cubes should get dark, transparent and soft.
- Then put them into the sieve and let the marinade drain completely.
- Peel the garlic and chop it finely.
- Rinse the dill and crush it.
- When eggplants cool a bit, move them into a deep bowl. Make sure that they do not completely cool down. Put the garlic and greens on top. Pour over the vegetable oil. Stir thoroughly, cover with cling film and place into the fridge for 12 hours.