Pour cooled soup into rigid plastic container, leaving head space for expansion, label and freeze. To serve, dip container in hand-hot water , reheat soup in a saucepan slowly to boiling, stirring frequently.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 50 g butter or margarine
- 25 g plain flour
- 1 (800 g/28 oz) chopped tomatoes
- 900 ml chicken stock
- Grated rind and juice of 2 oranges
- 2 tsp sugar
- Salt and pepper
- 150 ml single cream
- Grated rind of 1 orange
1. Fry the onion and garlic in the butter or margarine until softened.
2. Stir in the flour, then the tomatoes. Stirring continuously, add the stock and the orange rind and juice.
3. Reduce the heat and simmer gently for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add the sugar and season to taste . For a smooth soup, blend in a liquidizer.
5. Pour the soup into individual bowls and garnish each serving with a swirl of cream and a sprinkle of orange rind.