- 675 g potatoes
- 150 ml mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp single cream
- 2-3 tbsp chopped chives
- salt and pepper
- Use small, whole new potatoes when in season ; leave the skins on and scrub clean .
- If using old potatoes, peel and cut into chunks .
- Cook in a pan of salted , boiling water for 15 minutes , or until tender.
- Drain and allow to cool.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients, pour over the potatoes and mix well .
- Place the potato salad in a serving bowl and serve with cold meats or a quiche.