In Japanese cuisine, udon noodles are the second dish after rice. «Dish for the soul» that is the name, which was lovely created by Asians for this dish. Up to the present moment recipes for dishes with this pasta began to cause genuine interest in the gourmet.
Like all popular, udon noodles have immediately been overgrown with legends. It is said that this particular dish was regularly eaten by Japanese ninja warriors. According to one version, udon noodles appeared in the Land of the Rising Sun thanks to the Buddhist monk Kukai. He brought them from China in the 7th century AD.
List of required products
- chicken fillet — 80 g;
- potato starch — 2 tbsp.;
- Chinese cabbage 20 g;
- onion — 30 g;
- carrots — 30 g;
- eggplant — 30 g;
- Bulgarian paprika — 65 g;
- garlic — 1 clove;
- champignons — 40 g;
- soy sauce — 30 ml;
- Udon noodles — 90 g (boiled).
Begin to cook
- All vegetables are cut into thin and long straws. Mushrooms — in a cubes.
- Chicken is cut into strips. After that roll them in starch, fry over high heat for a minute, stirring carefully.
- Add all vegetables, except Chinese cabbage, garlic, continue to stir frequently over a large fire. Vegetables should be only half prepared.
- We add cabbage and udon, turn off the fire, pour in soy sauce, mix udon noodles with chicken and vegetables and lay them on a plate.