- 1 aubergine
- salt and pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and cut into rings
- 2 cloves garlic , crushed
- oil for frying
- 4 courgettes, sliced
- 100 g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (400 g/ 14 oz) can tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 225 g no-need-to-cook whole wheat lasagna
- double quantity cheese sauce
- Slice the aubergine , place in a colander , sprinkle generously with salt and leave to drain for 30 minutes.
- Wash , drain and dry well.
- Fry the onion , pepper and garlic in oil until softened.
- Add the aubergine and cook until softened.
- Stir in the courgettes, mushrooms, tomatoes, basil and seasoning.
- Layer the lasagne and vegetable mixture in a greased lasagne dish , ending with pasta on top.
- Pour the sauce over and bake in a moderately hot oven for 45-50 minutes, or until golden and bubbly.