- 1 onion , grated
- 675 g white cabbage , grated
- 225 g carrots, grated
- 100g hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- 100 g fresh brown breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp marjoram
- salt and pepper
- 25 g plain flour
- oil for deep frying
- parsley spring to garnish
- Mix together all the ingredients, except the flour , and beat well. Shape the mixture into 8 cakes and coat each in the flour.
- Heat the oil for deep frying to 190 C/ 375F (until a cube of bread turns golden in 30 seconds).
- Cook the burgers a few at a time for 5-7 minutes, or until golden, and drain on absorbent kitchen paper.
- Keep hot while cooking the remaining burgers.
- Garnish with a sprig of parsley and serve hot with Leeks in Sauce .