Bake an easy and delicious breakfast on the go with this Grape Berry Crunch Muffin recipe, made with whole wheat flour and blueberries.
- ½ cup low-fat granola
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup 100% grape juice
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ⅔ Cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1 ½ cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 400° F. Coat a muffin pan with cooking spray or line with paper cups.
- Place the granola in a heavy-duty plastic bag and crush it lightly with a rolling pin or other heavy object to break up any large clumps. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix until blended.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the grape juice, egg, oil, sugar and lemon zest until incorporated. Add this wet mixture to the dry ingredients, blend and stir with a rubber spatula until homogenized. Fold in the blueberries.
- Fill the prepared muffin cups about two-thirds with batter. Sprinkle with the granola and pat it in lightly so that it adheres.
- Place the muffin pan in the oven and bake until the tops are golden brown and a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean, about 20-25 minutes. Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes.*
- Run a small knife around the edges and turn the muffins out onto a wire rack to cool slightly. Serve at room temperature.