- 1 bought or home-made 20 cm/8 inch sponge flan cake or icecream cake
- 1 tbsp sherry
- 1 (1 litre) block raspberry ripple icecream
- 3 egg whites
- 150 g caster sugar
1. Place the flan cake/ice cream cake on a baking tray and sprinkle over the sherry.
2. Scoop the ice cream on to the base and smooth over with a knife to make an even round.
3. Freeze to harden again.
4. Whisk the egg whites until they form stiff peaks .
5. Whisk in the sugar a little at a time .
6. The mixture should be thick and glossy .
7. Quickly spoon or pipe the meringue on to the ice cream and sponge to cover it completely.
8. Bake in a hot oven for 3-5 minutes until the meringue is golden.
9. Serve immediately.