- 225 g plain wholemeal flour
- 225 g broccoli
- 2 eggs
- 300 ml milk
- Salt and pepper
- 100 g Cheddar cheese, grated
1. Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface and use to line a 20 cm/8 inch flan dish or ring placed on a baking tray.
2. Blanch the broccoli in boiling water for 2-3 minutes .
3. Drain very well and cut into neat chunks .
4. Arrange in the flan case.
5. Beat the eggs, milk and seasoning together, pour over the broccoli.
6. Sprinkle with the grated Cheddar.
7. Bake in a moderately hot oven for 35-40 minutes or until set.
8. Serve hot, with sautéed potatoes.