To make cups to hold ice cream or sorbet, mould hot biscuits over oiled oranges and leave to cool.
- 50 g butter or margarine
- 2 tbsp syrup
- 50 g soft brown sugar
- 50 g plain flour
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 150 ml double or whipping cream
- chopped angelica to decorate
- Grease as many wooden spoon handles as possible.
- Thoroughly grease two baking trays. Melt the butter or margarine , syrup and sugar over a low heat, then stir in the flour and ginger.
- Drop teaspoonful of the mixture well apart on a baking tray to allow room for spreading.
- Cook in a moderately hot oven for 8-10 minutes , then leave the biscuits to cool for a few seconds.
- Use a palette knife to lift them off very carefully, then roll around the wooden spoon handles with the top of the biscuit on the outside.
- Hold in position for a few minutes until set.
- Slip the biscuits from the handles and place on a wire rack to cool. Bake the biscuits in batches. If they set too quickly return them to the oven to melt for a few seconds.
- Whip the cream until thick and use to fill the ginger snaps. Decorate with stem ginger and angelica.