- 100 g butter or margarine, softened
- 50 g icing sugar, sifted
- 100 g plain flour , sifted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 50 g butter or margarine
- 25 g icing sugar, sifted
- 50 g chocolate , melted
- icing sugar to dust
- Grease 2 baking trays . Beat the butter or margarine with the sugar until pale and very soft.
- Stir in the flour and vanilla essence.
- Spoon the mixture into a piping bag fitted with a large star nozzle and pipe 18-20 rings on to the baking trays.
- Chill for 15-20 minutes. Bake in a moderately hot oven for 12-15 minutes.
- Leave the biscuits on the tray , for a few seconds, then use a palette knife to lift them off. Cool on a wire rack.
- For the filling, beat the butter or margarine with the icing sugar .
- Cool the melted chocolate slightly, then stir into the filling .
- Pipe a little on half the whirls , top with the remaining halves .
- Dust with icing sugar.